Want something sweet, fast and easy for these autumn's afternoons? Well, that great! Put a pot of water on heat, we'll bring you some rosquetes!
Rosquetes, rosquillas, donut...they have a thousand of names! But they all have got an important characteristic: they're all sooo good! They're typical in many festive occasions, like Christmas, Holy week or Carnival, but they're excellent for any occasion throughout the year, as a breakfast or a snack too!
Today we'll bring you a double donut, they're extremely easy do to, I grant you, they will be eaten in a blink of an eye! They're filled with raisin and almond, but at the endo of the day, you choose freely the ingredients, you can change it your way! So, what are you waiting for? Join the donut cause! Furthermore, if you've got children, they'll have a load of fun! Oh, just don't consider the mess you'll have in you kitchen...flour! Flour everywhere! Well, at least they've enjoyed the baking!
- 400 g. of flour
- 100 g. of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml.of olive oil
- 100 ml. of milk
- 1 tsp of aniseed
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 100 g. of minced almonds
- Candied fruit or raisin to taste
- Oil to fry
|Rosquetes, rosquillas...no importa cómo los llames, están buenísimos!|
- Mix together all the ingredients, adding last the sifted flour.
- Knead a little bit with the hands in a table or a surface covered with flour, until you obtain an uniform dough. It shouldn't be too sticky, you want it just to be a little bit soft. Cover it and let it rest a while.
- Grease your hands with the oil so the dough will not stick to you hands and work the dough until you obtain balls that are more or less uniform. Put a ball above the other and insert your finger in the dough so to punch a hole in the dough and stick together the two donuts. In this way you'll have a "twin donut".
- Fry them in abundant hot oil. Use a deep pan to fry them, so, when you put the donuts to fry one by one, they'll drown at the beginning, but then they'll float. When they do so, just turn them upside down and when they'll be golden brown, just take them out of the boiling oil and sprinkle them with confectioner's sugar. They're just so fast to do!
|Yummy! The interiors of these donuts looks like a cake!|